Tuesday, October 4, 2011

EIGHTEENTH POST - March 31st, 2009, 12:10 am
curiouser and curiouser...

Thanks for the critique ^^ It's helping alot as I look for ways to streamline the design and how it all works :) I'll probably be hammering it out over the next two weeks-ish so till then I'll go back to the other characters. For now here's the mischievous Cheshire ;) I worked on it's silhouette a bit to make it a little more interesting and I was just thinking of keeping it a solid color to focus on the grin but I tried a few other things to see what would happen.
-The alien Cheshire cat can camouflage itself like a chameleon, thus "disappearing" so I don't think it needs to be too complicated but I did think maybe Alice might spruce it up with a little cat space suit at some point, I don't know...

JASON:
I really like the idea of changing colors like a chameleon. That's great. Now you just need to decide on a pattern. I like how the circles in the first one contrast the sweeping lines of the cat. the long lines of the second one are nice - surfboard-like - and say "fast" - they're speed stripes. I don't think the little shirt works for him. I like the tiger stripes, the wrap around lines break up the form too much, having no inner designs seems naked, and the sparse sploches could work. 

since you've changed the ears (not iconic "cat" ears) - I think you should have a nose - well put one on and see how it looks - you don't have to keep it if you don't want to. It's up to you, 

I love the tail. as for the front legs on this cat are different sizes (left leg longer and that the paw isn't flat with the other paw, but supposed to be right next to it, looks weird). don't just stop that one near us at the body, give a line (at least on one side) to show it goes to the shoulder. you might want to draw a skeleton for it. (also a great piece for your portfolio - it shows a lot of thought and proves it can be built and rigged in 3D).



No comments:

Post a Comment